Coviu has partnered with ResApp Health to facilitate remote respiratory testing using
the ResAppDx app to help clinicians assess a patient’s respiratory symptoms and
accurately diagnose their illness. The ResAppDx Respiratory Test add-on adds new functionality to the Coviu platform for both patients and clinicians.
Installing the Add-on
- To get started, sign into your Coviu account. If you do not have an account, sign up here.
- Once logged into your account, go to CONFIGURE > ADD-ONS > Find add-ons. This will then take you to the Coviu marketplace.
- Once in the marketplace, find ResAppDx Respiratory Test add-on and install it.
Patients taking the Respiratory Cough Test
ResAppDx – Instructional video for patients
- If the patient has indicated that they are experiencing respiratory symptoms and have access to an iPhone, they will be guided to download the ResAppDx app from the App Store to perform the test.
- A unique cough test code is provided to them to use within the ResAppDx app and an instructional video to assist the patient in capturing high quality cough sounds on their smartphone
- Using the ResAppDx app, patients complete the cough test by providing their date of birth, medical history, symptoms, and capturing five coughs.
- Their coughs are instantly analysed through the app, and the results are stored securely until the consultation begins.
Clinicians assessing the ResAppDx Analysis Report
- Click on the ResAppDx Respiratory drawer on the right part of the screen
- Review or download the patient’s Analysis Report which includes the Instructions for Use.
The patient’s analysis report is only available during the session. Once the session
has ended, you will no longer be able to access the report. If you wish to maintain
access to the results after the telehealth session, ensure you download the report to
Please refer to the ‘Instructions for Use’ for information on interpreting the results and
the clinical performance of ResAppDx.
If you have suggestions to improve the product or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Only indicated for use on patients aged 29 days and older. The result of the test should not be used as a sole diagnosis. The result should be used as part of an overall clinical assessment of the patient. Please refer to the Instructions for use for information on interpreting the results and the clinical performance of ResAppDx.