Host text-only sessions with your patients
Coviu's marketplace (https://coviu.com/addons) has two add-ons which together let you host 'text-only' sessions with your patients while leveraging all the in-call features (shared documents, whiteboards etc.) available in standard (audio and video) sessions.
Scheduling text-only sessions
In the marketplace, install the following two add-ons:
- Scheduled sessions
- Text-only sessions
Once both the add-ons have been installed, a new option '+ Schedule a session' should be visible in the left menu bar.
Clicking on the '+ Schedule a session' option allows you to schedule a new session. To schedule a text-only session, just select 'Text-only' option under the session type, and everything else is exactly the same as how you would schedule a standard - audio and video session.
For more information on how scheduled sessions work, please refer to this help article: https://help.coviu.com/getting-started/features/scheduled-and-paid-sessions
A text-only session looks as follows:
You will notice the following features:
- you can see when the other person is typing and see their posted messages
- you can use emoticons in the text
- the participants are all represented in different colours with the time of their text message
- the ability to use Coviu resources under "Add+" continues to work
- as a host you can download the text transcript of the conversation.
These text chats are useful e.g. for patients that feel uncomfortable talking with a clinician in person or are in a situation where they cannot get a fully private environment.
Feel free to reach out to Coviu to discuss if this is suitable to you.