This article describes how to invite a client or patient to a telehealth consultation in your User Room or Meeting Room.
Last Updated: May 2022
- This workflow function applies to all Coviu plans however your organisation may have a preferred method for conducting a consultation with your client or patient. We recommend consulting with your account administrator or owner or your Telehealth Coordinator to see if there are any local processes which should be followed.
- Click here to learn which plan you are on.
On this page:
- What are User Rooms and Meeting Rooms?
- How to invite a client or patient into your room
- How to invite multiple clients or patients into your room
- How to invite a client into a call from the Dashboard
- More support options
What are User Rooms and Meeting Rooms?
This article describes the difference between User Rooms and Meeting Rooms and when you might use one over the other. It also describes the differences between Meeting Room options and each of the plans, for example:
- Essentials Plan (also Starter plan) can only have one Meeting Room and the name cannot be changed from Reception.
- Standard Plan (also Professional plan) has two Meeting Rooms and their names cannot be changed.
- Premium Plan (also Clinic plan) can have multiple Meeting Rooms and the names can be changed at any time by you to suit your workflows.
How to invite a client or patient into your room
Inviting a client or patient to your User Room or Meeting Room is fundamentally the same. The below instructions will show you how to do it from your User Room but the same applies to any Meeting Rooms you have on your account.
Log into your account as you normally would.
Click on the name of your User Room from the left side menu (or Meeting Room).
Click on Send Invitation.
In the dialogue box that is presented:
Type in the email address of the recipient.
Here you can also create a title for you call eg: My first call with client.
You can also add in a message to your participant for example:
"I would like to invite you to a call with Dr Smith.
We have emailed you some forms to fill in prior to your appointment.
Please fill these in and email back as soon as possible..."
If you would like to send the invitation for a specific time you can do so by clicking the Yes option as per below.
Finally, click Send.
The email will look similar to this:
The client simply clicks the Join the call button.
If your client requires more information on how to get Telehealth ready please direct them to our Patient information page.
When you are expecting them to join, click Enter User Room and Accept them into your Room using the Call Manager.
How to invite multiple clients or patients into your room
- In order to invite multiple Clients to a Coviu Call, you will need to follow the steps above.
- In the recipients area, you simply add the email addresses of the clients you wish to add, separating them with a comma. This will allow you to invite multiple clients into the one call.
How to invite a client into a call from the Dashboard
You can now send an invite to client(s) from the Dashboard.
Head to the Dashboard within your Coviu account. On the main screen you will see options for starting a Consultation:
There are 3 main ways to establish a Consultation via this method:
- Copy the Room link and send to client.
- Click Send Invitation.
- Click Start a Consultation.
This will bring up 3 Options for sending/inviting someone to a consultation:
1. Start a consultation now - this will take you into your Coviu room and you can invite your client into the call via the Call Manager
2. Schedule a consultation for later - this will allow to book in a time using the Scheduled Sessions feature.
3. Access your Waiting Area - this will take you to the Centralised Waiting Area (only available for Premium Customers)
More support options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know how to invite a Client or multiple clients to a call.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.