...to book video appointments into Nookal
Coviu can be your telehealth solution when working with the Nookal practice management software. To make your life as simple as possible, we've developed an integration that makes video consultation bookings on Coviu appear straight inside a Nookal booking.
This is how a booking made via Coviu turns up on Nookal:
And here are the booking details:
Here's how to set up the Coviu - Nookal integration:
1. Nookal Setup
First let's talk about some pre-conditions in Nookal. You will have to have set up the following before Coviu's integration is able to extract booking information from Nookal:
- a practice location
- staff - make sure they are active providers, have a diary, and that integrations are activated
- services - make sure that integrations are activated
- staff schedules - without these, you cannot book staff
- online bookings - activate the practice location for online bookings and make sure to select services and providers that offer these bookings
- API keys - finally, set yourself up with an API key, so we can enter this into Coviu to allow Coviu to make bookings in Nookal for you;
- Go to Menu or in the top bar, click Setup > Connections > API Keys).
- Click on the Generate API Key button.
- Select the Locations you want to allow this API Key access to.
- Toggle the Status switch to enable the API Key.
- Enter a descriptive Note about what app or service is using this key.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
- Copy and paste the API Key into the appropriate field on the connecting app.
Now you are ready to set up the Coviu end.
2. Coviu Setup
You have to be an administrator of the account to set up the integration.
First, click on "CONFIGURE" in the left menu bar and to got "Add-ons":
Make sure you have the Customer Connect and Appointment Bookings add-ons installed. If not, go to the Coviu Marketplace and install these two Add-ons.
When you return to your Coviu account, go to "CONFIGURE" - "Customer Connect" and click on "Configure" near "Bookings":
2.1. Nookal Settings
Now, you get to enter the API key:
Paste your specific API key, so your Coviu account is linked to your Nookal account.
The Service Filter allows you to filter out specific "Services" from Nookal, e.g. if you only want to display telehealth services in Coviu. If you want to display all of them, just enter "^.*". This is a regular expression that allows all Services to be displayed.
2.2. Booking Options
Next you can set up some booking options that define how quickly you can take bookings, what your services should be called, and what text is displayed when no bookings are available on a particular day:
Any custom fields you add will end up in the "Notes" field in the appointment booking.
2.3. Confirmation Email
Next you can customise the email that is being sent up for a booking:
There are several fields that end up in different areas in an invitation email:
Fill in what makes sense for your company.
Finally, we provide some HTML code to help you set up the online appointment booking button for your site:
Once you have adjusted the text and colours and made this button available on your Website, your clients are able to start booking into Nookal:
You can do this either via the Customer Connect link:
or directly with the booking link: https://[subdomain].coviu.com/app/book/appointment
Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any issues with this setup process!