This article outlines the Waiting Area Alert options and how to set them up. The Waiting Area Alerts apply to those plans which have a Waiting Area including Enterprise and Clinic Plans.
There are 3 options you can use to ensure you are alerted when a patient arrives, or has been waiting for a while, in your Coviu clinic Waiting Area.
Updated Dec 2020
Note that these alerts are set for your account only and do not apply to other users of that clinic.
- Enter the Waiting Area dashboard of the clinic you want to set notifications for. Select Waiting Area Alerts on the right hand side of the screen.
2. You will see the three options: SMS alerts, Email alerts and Desktop alerts. You will also be able to see which ones are currently enabled or disabled.
- SMS alerts - Receive an SMS message alert once the caller has waited a set amount of time. For example, you can as soon as they enter the Waiting Area, or 10 minutes after they enter. The SMS will include a link for the practitioner or admin staff to click on, bringing them to the waiting Area.
- Email alerts - The process is the same as above, except the alert is sent to the selected email address.
- Desktop alerts - You will receive an alert on your desktop once the patient has entered the waiting area. You will also hear a sound alert in case you are not looking at the screen.
- If you have more than one clinic, you can enable desktop notifications for all clinics. Simply go back to the My clinics page and select Enable Desktop Notifications on the upper left hand side of the page.