Coviu has partnered with ResApp Health to facilitate remote respiratory testing using the ResAppDx app to help clinicians assess a patient’s respiratory symptoms and accurately diagnose their illness.
The ResAppDx Respiratory Test App adds new functionality to the Coviu platform for both patients and clinicians.
Installing the App
- To get started, sign into your Coviu account. If you do not have an account, sign up here.
- Once logged into your account, go to CONFIGURE > APPS > Find Apps. This will then take you to the Coviu marketplace.
- Once in the marketplace, find ResAppDx Respiratory Test App and install it.
Patients taking the Respiratory Cough Test
ResAppDx – Instructional video for patients
- If the patient has indicated that they are experiencing respiratory symptoms and have access to a supported device, they will be guided to download the ResAppDx app from the App or Google Play Store to perform the test.
- A unique cough test code is provided to them to use within the ResAppDx app and an instructional video to assist the patient in capturing high quality cough sounds on their smartphone.
- Using the ResAppDx app, patients complete the cough test by providing their date of birth, medical history, symptoms, and capturing five coughs.
- Their coughs are instantly analysed through the app, and the results are stored securely until the consultation begins.
Clinicians viewing the ResAppDx Analysis Report (test results)
Once you have connected with your patient in the session, their test results along with the time and date the test was completed will be displayed.
- Click on the ResAppDx Respiratory drawer on the right part of the screen
- Review or download the patient’s Analysis Report which includes the Instructions for Use.
Once the session has ended, the patient’s analysis report is no longer displayed. If you wish to maintain access to the results after the session, ensure you download the report to your computer.
Please refer to the ‘Instructions for Use’ for information on interpreting the results and the clinical performance of ResAppDx.
Search for Analysis Report
This feature allows you to look up your patient’s cough test results using their cough test code. Only results within the last two days are available.
National Asthma Council Handbook
Clinical guidelines for managing acute asthma from the National Asthma Council Handbook are available in the ResAppDx drawer. These are useful resources to support your patients who may be experiencing an asthma exacerbation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Take a look at this article for more ResApp FAQ's
If you have suggestions to improve the product or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Only indicated for use on patients aged 29 days and older. The result of the test should not be used as a sole diagnosis. The result should be used as part of an overall clinical assessment of the patient. Please refer to the Instructions for use for information on interpreting the results and the clinical performance of ResAppDx.Did this answer your question?