An example email to send your clients ...to introduce them to using Coviu
Here's an example email you might want to use as a template to send to your clients to introduce them to Coviu.
Our practice is now using a video platform called Coviu. It is browser based, so you don't need to install a special application, just a Google Chrome or Firefox browser -on desktops, laptops, mac computers, android phones and tablets. Or Safari on an iPhone or iPad. We will simply meet at a Web link.
The link that we will meet at is always the same:
(Alternatively: the link we will meet at is sent to you via an invitation email.)
Just click on this link and Coviu will open in a Web browser. You can then identify yourself and wait in a waiting room for our practitioners to join you.
You will be taken to a page that say’s [relevant room] - Join this room as a guest. You are directed to take a photo and provide some personal information. This is just to inform the practitioner about who is in the waiting room - none of this information is stored by Coviu or reused anywhere else. If you would prefer not to take a picture of yourself, just lean out of the camera angle and snap. Enter your name and click continue.
Here is a short video to help you set up. If you have any problems, please call us on 04xx xxx xxx.
Please make sure you have sufficient bandwidth at the location that you are joining from. It should be a minimum of about 300Kbps (or 0.3 Mbps). You can test your bandwidth at:
Also make sure your microphone is on, your camera is working, and that you join from either a Google Chrome or Firefox Web browser. You can test your hardware and software setup at:
In the event of any difficulty with the connection, please have your mobile phone nearby so we can contact you.
Your video consultation experience will be best if we:
- ensure that we have a private, quiet, dedicated place for our meeting.
- make sure that we have all that we need at our fingertips, for example; notes, books, pad, pen and a drink.
- remove distractions; ensure that the TV, radio, or other computer applications are turned off.
- have had a few minutes to prepare ourselves before the meeting, so that we are relaxed and focused, not rushed with scattered thoughts.
- consider this a normal appointment, the same as if visiting a G.P, Dentist or other healthcare professional in their office. We wouldn’t wear our pyjamas to an appointment (though we might like to), so lets keep the space professional.
Finally, please note that Coviu is a safe and secure environment. None of the data that is exchanged in a Coviu call is saved anywhere. All of the call, including audio, video and data, is encrypted between you and the practitioner so nobody can listen into the call.