This article describes how to choose or change your Coviu account name and create your unique domain.
Last Updated: November 2022
- To make these changes you need to be the Coviu account Owner or Administrator.
On this page:
- Choosing your Coviu Account name
- Coviu Account name requirements
- Changing your Coviu Account name
- More support options
Choosing your Coviu Account name
When you sign up for a free trial, you will need to choose and register a Coviu Account name or Practice name. This will become your Virtual Clinic Name. You do not have to worry about the Practice link as this is automatically filled for you based on your Account name or Practice name. You will also be prompted to enter a few details, such as your:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Email address
Your Account name might reflect your business name and is essentially a unique name for your account. It will also form the basis for the web link (or URL) used to invite your clients or patients to consultation in your telehealth clinic. Some examples of what the links look like are shown below:
- A Standard or Premium plan Waiting Area link: https://mycompanyname.coviu.com/join
- A User Room link: https://mycompanyname.coviu.com/room/@joebloggs
- A Meeting Room link: https://mycompanyname.coviu.com/team/room/reception
- A Group Room link: https://mycompanyname.coviu.com/room/group-room
Note: Please do not enter your website details here. You only need to write the name you would like to use and we will do the rest.
Coviu Account name requirements
- It must be unique - you can't use a name (or word) that is already used by another Coviu customer.
- If a name is already in use, the system will advise that it can't be used and you will need to choose another name.
- Only letters and numbers are allowed.
- We recommend keeping it short (i.e. do not use something like "thebestphysiotherapybusinessintheworld...").
Changing your Coviu Account name
If you would like to change your Account name, your account Administrator can do this at any time using the below instructions. However, there are consequences to doing so:
- When updating your account's Unique domain, the links for the User Rooms, Meeting Rooms (and Group Rooms) on the account will be updated to reflect your new Unique domain.
- This also means that any links you have been providing to clients or patients will change; you would need to resend the links to ensure that they access your room with the updated link. If you have connected Coviu to your Practice Management System, this may also need to be updated.
If you still wish to change your Coviu Account name, follow these steps or watch the GIF below:
- Log in to Coviu as you normally would.
- Click Configure on the left side menu of the Dashboard (if you can't see Configure, then you are not the Administrator for your account).
- Click the Account tab.
- Enter your new account name into the Account name field.
- Copy the new account name into the Unique domain field and remove the spaces. Alternatively, you can pick a different name for your Unique domain, but this is not recommended to avoid confusion.
- (Optional) Add your Clinic specialty while you are there.
- Click Save.
Watch the GIF
More support options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know how to choose or change your account name.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.