This article runs through the installation and use of the Dual Screen app.
Last Updated: April 2022
- This app is available and comes pre-installed for all of the latest Coviu plans.
- To install this App, you must be a Coviu account administrator.
On this page:
- What is the Dual Screen app?
- How do I install the Dual Screen app?
- How do I use the Dual Screen app?
- More support options
What is the Dual Screen app?
The Dual Screen App allows you to see multiple resources next to each other in the call interface to compare them or to access them side-by-side. You get to choose which previously loaded resources you want to place next to each other.
How do I install the Dual Screen app?
- Log into your Coviu account as you normally would. If you do not have an account yet, you can sign up here.
- Once logged in to your account, click the Apps tab from the left menu of your Coviu Dashboard.
- Click Find Apps. This will take you to Coviu’s App Marketplace.
- Alternatively, you can click here to be taken directly to the app in the App Marketplace.
- Once in the App Marketplace, follow any prompts to install the Dual Screen app.
- Once installed, return back to your Coviu account.
- Return to the Apps tab in the left menu and you will now see Dual Screen app listed.
How do I use the Dual Screen app?
- This app works best if you have at least 2 resources already opened or active in your Coviu call.
- Enter your call with a client as you normally would.
- Once in the call, click the Apps & Tools+ button on the bottom right side of the screen.
- Choose an app that you want to use (e.g. Share an image or PDF, Add a whiteboard, Youtube player, etc.)
- Click the Apps & Tools+ button again and choose another app that you want to use (e.g. Share an image or PDF, Add a whiteboard, Youtube player, etc.).
- Click the Apps & Tools+ button again, scroll down the menu and click on Add a grid view (2 panes). (Note: you can also click on Add a grid view (3 panes), but you would need to have at least three apps already opened instead of 2.)
- From the Active Apps & Tools menu, click on Grid view #. If you are not automatically redirected to the Active Apps & Tools menu, you can access it by clicking the Active Tools button on the bottom right side of the screen, beside the Help button.
- You will now see a split screen with two dropdown menus that prompts you to Select a resource to display.
- Click on the dropdown menu, and choose from the list the app that you already opened. Make sure that you do this for both dropdown menus (or three if you selected Add a grid view (3 panes)).
- You now have two apps displayed side-by-side that you can share simultaneously to your client(s).
- If you wish to change the app that are sharing to your client(s) on either pane, you can click Remove on the bottom right corner of either pane and choose another app from the dropdown menu.
More support options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know how to install and use the Dual Screen app.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.