This article describes the process for choosing your sending email address and configuration requirements.
Last Updated: Feb 2023
- This help article only applies to customers on our customer Enterprise plan.
- The article is aimed at the Email System Administrator in your IT team.
- We use Sparkpost for our email delivery.
- Does this service apply to all Coviu plans?
- No. This service only applies to customers on our custom Enterprise plans. It does not apply to our SaaS plans e.g. Essentials, Standard and Premium. Click here to learn what plan you are on.
- Does it cost anything to set up this service?
- Using this service is generally covered in your initial negotiations for a Coviu platform and documented in your Coviu contract. Have a chat to your Coviu Account Manager if you are unsure.
- Can we use our own email domain and address to send out client or patient consultation invitations?
- Yes. This help article covers exactly that requirements. We will assist you to configure this option.
- Does the email domain need to be the same domain being used for the Coviu platform?
- No. You can choose a different domain.
- Can we have separate email sending domains for each of the organisations on our platform?
- No. You will need to choose one email address and domain to send all invitations from.
- Do we have to use our own email domain and email address?
- No. You are welcome to keep the default which is firstname.lastname@example.org.
On This Page:
- Who is this article for?
- What does the service do for me?
- Choosing an email address.
- What do you need from me to set up?
- What is the process?
- More support options.
Who is the article for?
This article is part of a series for creating your Coviu Enterprise Platform.
This article is aimed at your email system administrator. Please share this with them as part of the Coviu platform implementation so they know what is expected of them.
What does this service do for me?
Using your email domain and address is a great way to customise your Coviu platform to include your company name and branding.
It means your client or patient will receive their telehealth consultation email from your domain, and not from our default address of email@example.com.
Choosing Your Email Address
You can choose an address such as firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to set up a mailbox and respond to any replies.
Alternatively, it could be something like email@example.com and you may choose to have a staff member monitor the inbox for replies.
What do you need from me to set this up?
Initially, we just need the email address you want to send from. This should have been decided as part of your internal project team activities who are implementing the platform. So all we need is:
- The chosen email address.
- To be connected via email with your email systems administrator.
What is the process for setting this up?
Our process at a high level:
- The project implementation team decides on the email address to be used. It does not need to be created at this stage, but must be committed to.
- Pass the email address and the contact details of your email system administrator on to Coviu to commence configuration (ensure your administrator is aware of this help article and this activity.)
- Our engineers commence configuration from our end and engage your system administrator. Coviu will provide them with:
- a DNS TXT record for DKIM. This is required in order to authorise us to send emails on your behalf.
- You may need to update your SPF record. We'll provide the details, just let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
- The email address is put into production.
More Support Options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know the process for configuring your email sending domain on the Enterprise platform.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.