This article describes the configuration requirements and process to configure your Coviu platform to send client/patient invitations using your chosen email domain and address.
Last Updated: Dec 2021
- This help article only applies to customers on our customer Enterprise plan.
- The article is aimed at the Email System Administrator in your IT team.
On This Page:
- Who is this article for?
- What does the service do for me?
- Choosing an email address.
- What do you need from me to set up?
- What is the process?
- More support options.
Who is the article for?
This article is aimed at your email system administrator. Please share this with them as part of the Coviu platform implementation so they know what is expected of them.
What does this service do for me?
Using your email domain and address is a great way to customise your Coviu platform to include your company name and branding.
It means your client or patient will receive their telehealth consultation email from your domain, and not from our default address of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choosing Your Email Address
You can choose an address such as email@example.com if you do not wish to set up a mailbox and respond to any replies.
Alternatively, it could be something like firstname.lastname@example.org and you may choose to have a staff member monitor the inbox for replies.
What do you need from me to set this up?
Initially, we just need the email address you want to send from. This should have been decided as part of your internal project team activities who are implementing the platform. So all we need is:
- The name, email address and a phone contact of your Email System Administrator
- The chosen email address for sending
What is the process for setting this up?
Our process at a high level:
- The project implementation team decides on the email address to be used. It does not need to be created at this stage, but must be committed to.
- Pass the email address and the contact details of your email system administrator on to Coviu to commence configuration (ensure your administrator is aware of this help article and this activity.)
- Our engineers commence configuration from our end and engage your system administrator.
- The email address is put into production.
- Does this service apply to all Coviu plans?
- No. This service only applies to customers on our custom Enterprise plans. It does not apply to our SaaS plans. Click here to learn what plan you are on.
- Does it cost anything to set up this service?
- Using this service is generally covered in your initial negotiations for a Coviu platform and documented in your Coviu contract. Have a chat to your Coviu Account Manager if you are unsure.
- Can we use our own email domain and address to send out client or patient consultation invitations?
- Yes. We can assist you to configure this option.
- Does the email domain need to be the same domain being used for the Coviu platform?
- No. You can choose a different domain.
- Can we have separate email sending domains for each of the organisations on our platform?
- No. You will need to choose one email address and domain to send all invitations from.
- Do we have to use our own email domain and email address?
- No. You are welcome to have the default in which emails will be sent your clients or patients from email@example.com.
More Support Options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know the process for configuring your email sending domain on the Enterprise platform.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.