Basic requirements for hosting a video call
Hosting a successful video call is easier than you think, it just requires some simple preparation. Read our checklist to determine if you are telehealth ready.
Coviu is designed to work on all consumer devices, such as iPhones, iPads, Android smartphones, laptops and desktops.
However, you will need to make sure whatever device you choose has:
- A camera (built-in or attached)
- A microphone (built-in or attached)
- Speakers (build-in or attached)
- Headsets (optional)
- A second monitor, one for the video call and the other to display the patient's medical records (optional for clinician)
Both you and your guest must:
- Have a Stable and reliable connection to the internet. You need a minimum speed of 350Kbps to host a video call. Test your speed here .
- Be seated in a private, well-lit area that is sure to be free of distractions for the call duration.
- We also suggest both parties run a pre-call test prior to entering the call, to ensure you identify any hardware or network issues prior to starting your call.
Want to know about our recommended browsers? Click here.
To ensure the call is successful, we always recommend updating your browser to the newest version. Check your current browser status here.