This article is meant to guide you with using a web browser based on the type of device you are using to get the most out of your Coviu calls.
Last Updated: Dec 2023
On this page:
- What is my web browser?
- Why should I use a recommended web browser?
- What are the recommended web browsers?
- What about other web browsers?
a. Limited support
b. Not supported
- More support options?
What is my web browser?
- Not sure of what web browser you are using?
You can do a quick self-check here - whatsmybrowser.org
- Not sure how to update your web browser?
Keep your chosen web browser software up to date for security, technical and privacy reasons, as seen here.
- Have you run a Precall Test?
Please follow the steps listed here.
Your web browser is a software application that allows you to explore web pages and related services on the Internet, including Coviu.
Some of the popular browsers include Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox & Apple Safari, among others.
Why should I use a recommended web browser?
Although we try our best to make Coviu compatible across the latest and most popular web browsers; each of them can still have their own strengths and limitations for a call experience.
These differences may seem minor or may not be easily identifiable early on. It is common for web pages and related services to work fine on some web browsers but poorly with others.
This is also why we share web browser recommendations as per the kind of device and operating system that you use to access Coviu to ensure you and your call participants can have the smoothest video consultation experience possible.
What are the recommended web browsers?
The following list of web browsers showcase the best compatibility and stability for Coviu's rich feature set and capabilities and has been per the kind of device and operating system you are using:
|Desktops & Laptops
|as of Linux Mint 20.3
|as of macOS Monteray 12.4
|Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome
|Safari has some limitations
|as of Windows 10 or 11
|Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome
|Android Smartphones & Tablets
|as of Android OS 11.1
|Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome,
|as of iPad OS 15.6.
|as of iOS 15.6.
|Apple Safari only.
What about other web browsers?
The following web browsers are known to feature only limited support for Coviu's rich feature set and capabilities or lack thereof.
- These limitations are subject to your specific consultation workflow and may or otherwise may not impact your call experience with call participants.
Due to some technical, privacy or security-related reasons, the following web browsers may not fully support Coviu's full feature set and capabilities. This can mean that you may risk some call features and capabilities to either be unavailable or not operating as intended.
Due to significant, privacy or security-related limitations, the following web browsers do work with Coviu's feature set and capabilities. This can mean that most of the video consultation-related features and capabilities may be unavailable or poor.
|Samsung Internet browser
|non-Safari web browsers
What if - my chosen web browser is not listed above or I am having trouble using Coviu?
If you have chosen to use a web browser that is not listed in the above sections or you are facing any limitations with available features or capabilities, please let us know using any of the contact options listed here. Alternatively, you can email us via email@example.com.
Please share with us the following information to the best of your knowledge:
- What type of issue are you facing?
- When did you first run into this issue? (date/time)
- How many times did you face this issue? (just once, sometimes, often, always)
- Was it felt with the same call participants?
- Are you a Coviu user or were you simply invited to join a call hosted on Coviu?
- Have you run Precall Test?
- If you have run a Precall Test, please share with us any result.
- What type of device are you using?
- What type of web browser (including version) are you using?
- If you are having trouble finding out your web browser version, you can copy the result from whatsmybrowser.org and share it with us via email/Live Chat.
- If you experienced any troubles when joining the call, please provide us with a description.
- If you experienced any troubles whilst in-call, please provide us with a description.
- If you experienced any troubles when using in-call Apps or Tools please provide us with a description.
- If you experienced any trouble when ending the call, please provide us with a description.
More support options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know the recommended browsers to use Coviu.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.