This article describes how to share your screen when in a call with your client or patient.
Last Updated: July 2021
- Can I Screenshare from my iPhone or iPad?
- No. Some mobile devices such as iPhone and iPads do not allow for screen sharing.
- Can my client or patient see my Screenshare if they are using an iPhone or iPad?
- Unfortunately no. As per above. Your client will not be able to see your Screenshare.
Screensharing is great way to share resources with your client or patient and is available across all Coviu plans.
To use Screensharing, follow these instructions:
- Enter your Coviu account as you normally would.
- Enter a call with your client or patient as you normally would.
- Click on the Tools+ button toward the top right corner of your call interface.
- Click Start a Screenshare.
- Choose from the available screen options. You can choose to share:
- A Entire screen. Your client will only see what information is available on the top but beware, if you move a Window or change tabs on your browser, you client will be able to view that information.
- An Application Window. This might be Google Chrome for instance. This is great if you need to switch between tabs to show your client multiple web sites.
- A specific Chrome (or browser) Tab. This is a great option if you only need to show your client a specific browser tab.
- Tick the Share audio box if you are sharing a screen that has sound you wish your client to hear.
How do I stop sharing my screen?
You can stop sharing your screen at any time by clicking on any of these options:
- Click the blue Stop button at the top of the page being shared or;
- Click the blue Stop button at the top of your call interface or,
- Click the Active Tools button (usually next to the Tools+ button) and then click the recycle bin next to the Screenshare you wish to close.
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know how to share your screen.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.