This article describes screen sharing on Coviu.
Last Updated: June 2022
- Screen sharing is supported on Windows and macOS devices only.
- Android devices, iPads and iPhones do not support screen sharing. Those that join a video consultation using any of these devices can only view or annotate over screen shares presented by other call participants.
On this page:
- What are the screen sharing options?
How do I start a screen share?
Note: if you are using a macOS device, you may need to first grant your web browser permission to share your screen as seen here.
Screen sharing is great way to share resources with your client or patient and is available across all Coviu Plans. Once you have the specific webpage, application or your entire device screen ready, you can commence a screen share by follow these instructions after you have joined a video consultation on Coviu:
- Click on the Apps & Tools+ button usually found towards the bottom right of your call interface.
- Click Start a screenshare.
- You will then be presented by any of the screen sharing options that are available.
What are the screen sharing options?
Note: the Safari web browser supports one screen share per call participant and allows for the entire screen option only.
An entire screen. Your will be presenting your full desktop view, including any applications or browser windows that are open. If you are running multiple displays connected your device, they will be presented as Screen 1, Screen 2, etc, to be selected from.
An application window. You will be presenting an application window that is open on your device. This can be helpful to only share content included in a specific application window and also if you have other sensitive or irrelevant information open on your screen.
A specific browser tab. You will be presenting a browser tab that is open on your device. This can be helpful to only share content included in a specific web browser page/tab and also if you have other sensitive or irrelevant information open on your screen.
Tick the Share system audio box if you are sharing a screen that has any audio or sound that you wish your call participants to hear.
How do I stop a screen share?
You can stop sharing your screen or at any time by clicking on any of these options:
- Click the blue Stop sharing button at the top/bottom of the page being shared.
- Click the blue Stop sharing button at the top/bottom of your call interface.
- Click the Active Tools button (usually next to the Apps & Tools+ button) and then click the recycle bin next to the screen share you wish to close.
More support options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know how to manage screen sharing during a video consultation on Coviu.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.