The Medipass Coviu integration allows healthcare providers to easily determine patient eligibility, raise insurance claims and process client/patient card payments entirely online from the Coviu telehealth platform.
Last updated: Jan 2021
The integration allows practices to:
- Check Medicare, DVA and icare NSW account details and eligibility
- Lodge Medicare bulk bill and patient claims at point of service delivery
- Claim DVA, icare NSW and other supported insurer benefits at point of service delivery
- Process patient payment cards instantly by online card entry or SMS request
As additional insurers and payment options are added to Medipass, those funders will be added to the invoicing options page.
Configuring Medipass and Coviu
- Sign up to Medipass
- Enable the funding options in Medipass which are applicable to your business.
- Connect your Medipass account to Coviu by:
How to Take a Payment
- From Coviu, when in a client session, click on the Medipass logo above the video window. You will see the option to create an invoice for your client.
- To check patient eligibility for an insurer, click Create invoice for the applicable insurer, complete applicable provider and patient account details, then click Verify details.
- Click Invoice to create a new invoice, pre-populated with client details from the Coviu session.
- For card payments, enter debit/credit card details in the manual entry screen or request a payment remotely by SMS request.
- For insurance claims and eligibility checks, click on the applicable funder and enter account and service details as appropriate.
- Completed and outstanding payments/insurance claims can be tracked via the Medipass portal. This includes remittance reports to reconcile payments to your nominated bank account. Approved invoices are generally paid the next business day.
- Signing up to Medipass
- Getting started with Medipass Card Payments
- Enabling Medicare and DVA
- How to find your API key
- How to enable Medipass Payments in Coviu
- Contact support
- Can I use Medipass if I am not an Australian company?
- No. At this stage, Medipass can only be used by Australian companies. You would need to be a company with an Australian Business Number and an Australian Bank account in which funds are settled.
- Can my clients/patients use international credit cards?
- Yes. There may be extra charges for processing international credit cards. Please check in with Medipass for more information.