This article describes how you can request access to another participants camera.
Last Update: June 2022
- You will need to be the Coviu Administrator to add this App to your account.
- If you are on one of our Enterprise plans, speak to your Telehealth Coordinator or your Coviu Account Manager to have this added.
On this page:
What is it?
The Request Camera App makes it easy for a host to help their guest share any additional cameras as a call resource, by guiding the same guest through the process. An additional camera can be any external camera, for example a document camera or a second camera on a device (such as an iPad where you have a front camera and a back camera).
This App is great for settings where additional cameras might be required - such as an educational setting - but the user on the other end of the call is unfamiliar with the process.
How do I install the App?
The Request Camera App is available from our App Marketplace. Click here to go directly to the App and follow the prompts to install it.
How do I use the App?
- When you are in your call with your client or patient, click the Apps & Tools+ button.
- Scroll down in the menu that appears and click Request a camera.
- Your client or patient will get a dialogue box on their screen advising you would like them to share a camera. They should click the Select a camera to share button.
- Their available camera options will appear on your screen and you can choose the one you prefer.
- Continue your call from here.
More support options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know about the Request Camera App.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.