This article describes how you can request access to another participants camera.
Last Update: Aug 2021
- You will need to be the Coviu Administrator to add this add-on to your account.
- If you are on one of our Enterprise plans, speak to your Telehealth Coordinator or your Coviu Account Manager to have this added.
The Request a Camera add-on is available from our Add-ons Marketplace. Click here to go directly to the add-on and follow the prompts to install it.
What is it?
The Request a Camera add-on makes it easy for hosts to help their guests share any additional cameras as a call resource, by guiding guests through the process. An additional camera can be any external camera e.g. a document camera or, a second camera on a device such as an iPad where you have a front and back camera.
This add-on is great for settings where additional cameras might be required - such as an educational setting - but the user on the other end of the call is unfamiliar with the process.
How do I use it?
- When you are in your call with your client or patient, click the Tools+ button.
- Click the Request a Camera in the menu that appears.
- Your client or patient will get a dialogue box on their screen advising you would like them to share a camera. They should click the Select a camera to share button.
- Their available camera options will appear on your screen and you can choose the one you prefer.
- Continue your call from here.
You have completed another Coviu help article! You now know how to request a camera.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.