This article explains how to share YouTube videos with your client using the YouTube Video Player in-call resource tool.
Last Updated: June 2022
- If you are on a custom Enterprise plan, please speak to your Coviu account representative about having this tool added to your account.
- To add this tool to your Coviu account, you must be a Coviu account Administrator.
On this page:
- What is the YouTube player?
- How do I use the YouTube player?
- Troubleshooting tips
- More support options
What is the YouTube player?
The YouTube player will allow you to share a YouTube video with a client or patient. Perhaps it is a video showing a correct exercise technique? Or perhaps it is nutritional advice? Whatever it may be, the YouTube player is a great option for sharing such resources.
How do I use the YouTube player?
Firstly, you will need to add the YouTube player to your account. The player is available for download from our App Marketplace.
Note: at present, you will need to use the long URL for playing YouTube videos. You will find this in the URL field at the top of your browser. You can't use the short URL that is provided from the Share button below the video.
- Firstly, copy the URL of the video you want to share. Copy the URL from the search bar, NOT the Share button.
- Enter your call on Coviu and click the green Apps & Tools+ button to access the YouTube player.
- Scroll down to find the YouTube player tool and click on it.
- Paste the video link into the Video URL field and click Embed video.
- The video will take a moment to load on your client's end. Once loaded, you can click Play. If your client has clicked elsewhere in the video to review something, you may click Sync video and it will place your client's video back in line with yours.
- My link won't work:
- In order for the link to work it needs to be a full YouTube link from the URL bar rather than the shortened Share button link. The link must also be from YouTube rather than another video sharing platform.
- Here is an example of a YouTube URL which will work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iA3kAXWUgM
- Here is an example of the Share button link which won't be recognised: https://youtu.be/4iA3kAXWUgM
- The video won't load for me:
- We do our best to make sure everything works smoothly. If this isn't the case please contact email@example.com right away so we can investigate why it may not be working.
- My YouTube App has stopped working but was working:
- This most commonly occurs if more than one YouTube link share tool has been opened in a call. When more than one exists the App will stop working. To resolve this close all of the YouTube App and open a fresh one within the call. We will provide multi-video support in the future.
- My clients video is not running in time with mine:
- There are many variables that can affect data transmission over the internet, especially data in the form of video. To that end, it is possible for your video to become 'out of sync' with your clients end. Use the Sync video button to bring them back into alignment.
More support options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know how to use the in-call YouTube player.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.