The Web Coaching App is great for recording assessing a training session or role play during a video call.
- If you are on an Enterprise plan, please speak to your Coviu account representative about having this tool added to your account.
- To install Web Coaching to your Coviu account, you must be a Coviu account administrator.
Last updated: Sept 2022
On this page:
- What is the Web Coaching App?
- How can I install and configure this App?
- Configuring your Web Coaching: Checklists
- How do I use Web Coaching during a video call?
- More support options
What is the Web Coaching App?
The Coviu Web Coaching App is meant to suit anyone that requires to conduct video-based training and assessment services as part of their virtual care or telehealth offering.
While the Coviu platform enables your practitioners, clinicians or students to provide services to their clients or patients, this App enables you to perform training and assessment of that service if needed.
During the recording, the Trainer/Assessor can drop markers at different time points to support a debriefing session. The markers are based on a preconstructed checklist detailing specific items of interest or
The recording can then be viewed by both the Healthcare Provider and the client or patient (optional), during the call or during a debriefing session. The markers can be used to jump to specific parts of the recording that are of interest to their discussion.
When the call has ended, a copy of the video and the checklist are available for both the healthcare provider and the client or patient (configurable).
How can I install and configure this App?
Follow these instructions to install Web Coaching to your account.
- If you're on an Enterprise plan, please contact your Coviu Account Rep, otherwise;
- Visit our App Marketplace.
- Click the Web Coaching tile and follow the prompts to install it onto your Coviu account.
Configuring your Web Coaching App: Checklists
Follow these instructions to configure your Web Coaching checklists.
- Once signed in to your Coviu account, head to the Apps section from the left-side menu.
- Click the Details button next to the Web Coaching App.
- Head to the Configure tab to make and save any changes to your Checklists.
- To create a new checklist, click Add New Checklist.
- To update an existing checklist, click on it to expand the configurations available.
- To remove a checklist, click Remove.
- Add New Checklist and fill in the Checklist name and Checklist description.
- Click Add New Item for each line of the checklist.
- Click Save.
- Close the Assessment list box.
How do I use Web Coaching during a video call?
- We recommend that you use this App in Chrome or Edge. Although it may work in Firefox it can be inconsistent.
- Please be aware this App does not currently work on Apple iPads or the Apple Safari web browser.
Recording in a Call
- Enter your Coviu account and your call as you normally would.
- Once the patient is in the call, click on the Web Coaching icon in the bottom menu bar, then select the role play checklist to use.
- Select a Role Play Checklist from the drop down menu'
- Ask your client/patient for Consent to record.
- Your client or patient will be asked for permission to record.
- Once your client or patient has clicked Accept, the Healthcare Provider is prompted to start the assessment.
- The checklist will appear on the right hand side. Your client or patient is unable to see the checklist. As the recording continues, you are able to tick items on the checklist. You are also able to add a marker at any time and give the marker a name.
- When done, click Finish Role Play to end the recording.
- Click YES, I’m Sure if you are ready to end the call.
Note: If a call drops out during a booking time, please reconnect. If the recording of the video and the connection drops out, the video will freeze or go black. The person who drops out can re-enter the call but the recording of the participants will not continue. The Healthcare Provider will need to finish the assessment and download the video. You can start another recording video which means that you will start over again.
The Debriefing Session
- The debriefing video will appear in the centre of the screen.
- The Recording Option tray will pop out.
- Click Play for the video to be viewed by both the Healthcare Provider and patient or client.
- The Timeline Bar at the bottom of the recording will indicate the markers.
Hover over the marker to view the checklist item.
- Click anywhere on the Timeline Bar to move to any point in the video.
Alternatively, click on a Marker for the recording to jump straight to that point in the recording.
- The recording can then be viewed by both the Healthcare Provider and patient or client during a debriefing session.
- Click Finish to close the Debriefing Session, then click Yes, I'm sure.
Downloading your Role Play Recording and Checklist Notes
- The Role Play Recording and Role Play Checklist Notes will immediately appear for you to download.
- Remember Coviu does not store any data so you must download the recordings for your records.
- To end the call the patient or client will need to click the Red Button and then
- Click Leave Call.
- Then the Healthcare Provider can click End Call.
Remember that Coviu does not store any data so you will need to download data before ending the call.
More support options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know how to install and use Web Coaching App.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.