The Web Coaching add-on provides the ability to record a training session, such as role play, within a video call.
NOTE: If you are on a custom Enterprise plan, please speak to your Coviu account representative about having this tool added to your account.
NOTE: To add this tool to your Coviu account, you must be a Coviu account administrator.
Last updated: May 2021
The Coviu Web Coaching add-on is a great tool for those clients who require video based training and assessment services as part of their telehealth offering. While the Coviu platform enables your practitioners, clinicians or students to provide services to their clients or patients, this add-on enables you to perform training and assessment of that service if needed.
During the recording, the Trainer/Assessor can drop markers at different time points to support a debriefing session. The markers can be dropped on the recording using a preconstructed checklist detailing specific issues or at any time period with free text added.
The recording can then be viewed by both the Healthcare Provider and the client or patient, during the call or during a debriefing session. The markers can be used to jump to specific parts of the recording that are of interest during the discussion.
When the call has ended, a copy of the video and the checklist is available for both the Healthcare Provider and the client or patient.
- We recommend that you use this add-on in Chrome and Edge. Although it may work in Firefox it can be inconsistent.
- Please be aware this add-on does not currently work on Apple iPads or the Apple Safari web browser.
Installing the Web coaching add-on
- Visit our Add-ons Marketplace.
- Click the Web Coaching tile and follow the prompts to install it onto your Coviu account.
Configuring an Assessment
- Log into your Coviu account as you normally would.
- From your dashboard, click the Configure menu on the left hand side.
- Click the add-on tab and scroll down
- Click Web Coaching Assessments.
- Click Configure.
- Add New Checklist and fill in the Checklist name and Checklist description.
- Click Add New Item for each line of the checklist.
- Click Save.
- Close the Assessment list box.
Recording in a Call
- Invite your client or patient to a call (This can be done via the Waiting Area, User Room or a Scheduled Session).
- Once the patient is in the call, click on the Web Coaching icon in the top menu bar, then select the role play checklist to use.
- Select a Role Play Checklist and click continue
- Click Re-Request to Record
- Your client or patient will be asked for permission to record.
- Once your client or patient has clicked Accept, the Healthcare Provider is prompted to start the assessment.
- The checklist will appear in your Call Manager. Your client or patient is unable to see the checklist. As the recording continues, you are able to tick items on the checklist. You are also able to add a marker at any time and give the marker a name.
- Click Finish Assessment to end the recording.
- Click YES, I’m Sure if you are ready to end the call.
Note: If a call drops out during a booking time, please reconnect. If the recording of the video and the connection drops out, the video will freeze or go black. The person who drops out can re-enter the call but the recording of the participants will not continue. The Healthcare Provider will need to finish the assessment and download the video. You can start another recording video which means that you will start over again.
The Debriefing Session
- The debriefing video will appear in the centre of the screen.
- The Recording Option tray will pop out.
- Then click Start recording.
- Click Play for the video to be viewed by both the Healthcare Provider and patient or client.
- The Timeline Bar at the bottom of the recording will indicate the markers.
Hover over the marker to view the checklist item.
- Click anywhere on the Timeline Bar to move to any point in the video.
Alternatively, click on a Marker for the recording to jump straight to that point in the recording.
- The recording can then be viewed by both the Healthcare Provider and patient or client during a debriefing session. .
- Click Finish to close the Debriefing Session, then click Yes, I'm sure.
Downloading your Role Play Recording and Role Play Checklist Notes
- The Role Play Recording and Role Play Checklist Notes will immediately appear for you to download.
- Remember Coviu does not store any data so you must download the recordings for your records.
- To end the call the patient or client will need to click the Red Button and then
- Click Leave Call.
- Then the Healthcare Provider can click End Call.
Remember that Coviu does not store any data so you will need to download data before ending the call.
Who do I contact for Support?
- If you're on an Enterprise plan, contact your Coviu account manager directly or,
- You can contact us through one of the options available here.