This article describes how to install and use the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9) form on Coviu.
Last updated: June 2021
- This add-on is available to all Coviu plans.
- If you are on a custom Enterprise plan, please speak to your organisation Telehealth Coordinator or your Coviu account representative about having this tool added to your account.
- NOTE: To add this tool to your Coviu account, you must be a Coviu account administrator.
What is the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9)
The PHQ-9 is a 9-item self-report questionnaire designed for the presence and screening the severity of depression.
For more information about the PHQ-9, visit www.phqscreeners.com or see Kroenke, K., Spitzer, R. L., & Williams, J. B. (2001). The PHQ‐9: validity of a brief depression severity measure. Journal of general internal medicine, 16(9), 606-613.
How do I install PHQ-9?
- Log in to your Coviu account as you normally would. If you do not yet have an account, you can sign up here.
- Once logged in to your account, click Configure in the left hand menu.
- Click the Add-ons tab
- Click Find add-ons. This will take you to Coviu’s add-on marketplace.
- Alternatively, you can click here to be taken directly to the add-on link in the Marketplace.
- Once in the Marketplace, follow any prompts to install the PHQ-9 add-on.
- Once installed, return back to your Coviu account.
- Return to the Add-ons tab in the Configure menu and you will now see that K10 add-on listed.
How does PHQ-9 work in Coviu?
The PHQ-9 has been designed to work as a simple digital form to make it quick and easy for clients to self-administer the questionnaire. Responses are scored and interpreted in real-time.
Once the form has been completed, it can be exported as a downloadable PDF format for offline viewing or saved to Coviu’s secure cloud storage service.
To access PHQ-9 during a Coviu call:
- Enter your call with a client as you normally would.
- Once in the call, click the Tools+ button on the top right side of the screen.
- Scroll down the Tools menu and click on the Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9)
- You can now begin your assessment.
- You can allow the client to enter responses or make changes themselves by clicking the drop-down arrow next to your name under the Change Editor option. You can re-assign it to yourself if you wish to make any changes
- Once your client has finished with the form they can click Complete.
- Once you have finalised all items in the questionnaire, you can click the Download button to save the form to your local device. Once it is downloaded to your local device, you can choose to save it in a designated folder or even add it to an existing client file.
- The forms will be saved as a PDF to your local device with a generic title.
- Your forms can also be saved under Data Collections if your Coviu administrator has enabled Secure Cloud Storage.
What if I still need help?
- Use the Help chat bubble on this page to get in touch.
- Check out our other Contact options on this page.