This article describes the Coviu call interface.
Last Updated: November 2023
On this page:
- What is the Coviu call interface?
- Overview of the call interface
- How-to video: Introduction to the call interface
- More support options
What is the Coviu call interface?
The Coviu call interface is the screen you are in when conducting a consultation with a client.
Regardless of whether a call is being hosted in a User Room, Meeting Room, Scheduled Session or Waiting Area, the call interface includes a standard set of buttons and menus.
You may have added extra Apps to your account which may give you some extra buttons.
Overview of the call interface
The diagram below illustrates the basic call interface elements or buttons and their functions.
- From left to right:
- Settings: Access the in-call settings.
- Hang up: You can either end the call for all participants or leave the call and put your call participants on hold.
- Refresh connections: Refresh the connection of your video call.
- Mute/Unmute audio: Mute or unmute your microphone.
- Disable/Enable video: Hide or show your camera feed to your call participants.
- Switch Camera: Switch between your camera devices if you have more than one camera.
- Raise/Lower hand: Raise a virtual hand in your video call if you wish to speak. Your virtual hand will be lowered automatically once you start speaking or you can lower it manually.
- Lock/Unlock call: Lock or unlock your current video call so only invited participants can enter the call (only for the Waiting Area).
- Help: You can either receive help by searching our Knowledge Base or contacting Coviu Support.
- Open Chat: Open the in-call chat box.
- Open Call Manager: You can learn more about the Call Manager here.
- Some Apps that you have installed may appear here for easy access.
- Your full name (or display name) and a speech indicator. The speech indicator will animate when you are speaking to show that your microphone is working.
- Apps & Tools+: Access in-call Apps and Tools that you can use to share an image or PDF, start a screenshare, add a whiteboard, share a document camera, add a grid view, add a video, request a camera, request a payment, share a file, launch the Youtube player and more. Some Apps that you have installed may appear here as well.
How-to video: Introduction to the call interface
Below is a video that runs through the basic call interface elements or buttons.
More support options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know your way around the Coviu Call Interface.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.