There are 3 options you can use to ensure you are alerted when a patient arrives, or has been waiting for a while, in your clinic's waiting area.
Note that these alerts are set for your account only and do not apply to other users of that clinic.
1. Select 'Waiting Area Alerts' on the right hand side of the screen.
2. You will see the three options: SMS alerts, Email alerts and Desktop alerts. You will also be able to see which ones are currently enabled or disabled.
- SMS alerts - Receive a text message alert once the caller has waited a set amount of time. For example, you can send the alert straight after they enter, or 10 minutes after they enter. The text will include a link for the practitioner or admin staff to click on, bringing them to the waiting area.
- Email alerts - The process is the same as above, except the alert is sent to the selected email address as soon as the patient enters the waiting area.
- Desktop alerts - You will receive an alert on your desktop once the patient has entered the waiting area. You will also hear a sound alert in case you are not looking at the screen. If you have more than one clinic, you can enable desktop notifications for all clinics. Simply go back to the 'My clinics' page and select 'Enable Desktop Notifications' on the upper left hand side of the page.