This article describes how to configuration your Waiting Area options including open hours, waiting music, pre-call entry information and more.
LAst Updated: June 2021
NOTE: You will need to have Coviu Administrators privileges to undertake these activities.
How to access the Waiting Area configuration menus:
- Sign into Coviu as you normally would.
- Select the clinic you want to configure.
- Enter into that clinic's Waiting Area and then click Configure on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click the Waiting Area tab.
- A list of all your configuration options will be shown.
- Your waiting area is automatically activated when the clinic is created, however, you can disable it by deselecting the 'Enable Waiting Area' button. We generally don't recommend disabling your waiting area.
What are the Configuration options?
Note: Select the green 'Save' button to save any changes made.
1. General Configuration - Select the specialty of the clinic and set the time zone it will run on.
2. Share waiting area - Share your waiting area link with patients, so they can join a call and arrive in your clinic. You can:
- Share the link by copying it and sending it to your patients.
- Launch using a button. This means patients simply click a button on your webpage and a new page starting a video call automatically opens up in a new window. They will wait there until a practitioner or admin staff member enters the room.
- Embed into a web page. This will directly open the video consultation without leaving your web page.
3. Waiting area hours - Configure the Hours for each day's availability, including breaks. More in-depth instructions can be found here.
5. Patient entry fields - Add or edit the type of information you want your patients to provide prior to being seen, for example phone number or Medicare number. You can make these entry fields 'required' if the information is needed before continuing with the call.
6. Automated Messages - Create and edit automated messages that are sent to patients in the waiting area, such as updates on waiting times or clinic announcements. For example 'Call 911 if you have a medical emergency'.
You can also choose the timing in which these are sent.
7. Short URL - Create a short URL to make your waiting room easier to share.