This article describes how to configure your Waiting Area options including open hours, waiting music, pre-call entry information and more.
Last Updated: Feb 2022
NOTE: You will need to have Coviu Administrators privileges to undertake these activities.
On This Page:
- What is the Waiting Area Workflow?
- How do I access the Waiting Area configuration menu?
- What are the configuration options?
- More Support Options
What is the Waiting Area workflow?
The Waiting Area is one of several workflows built into the Coviu platform. To learn if this workflow is suitable for you, click here.
How do I access the Waiting Area configuration menu?
- Sign into Coviu as you normally would.
- Select the clinic you want to configure.
- Click Configure menu on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click the Waiting Area tab.
- A list of all your configuration options will be shown.
- Your Waiting Area is automatically activated when the clinic is created, however, you can disable it by deselecting the 'Enable Waiting Area' toggle. We generally don't recommend disabling your Waiting Area unless that particular workflow isn't going to be used.
What are the Configuration options?
Note: As you go through making changes, click the green 'Save' button to save any changes you have made.
- General Configuration - Select the specialty of the clinic and set the time zone it will run on.
- You have a number of options here but ensure you set your time zone, click here to learn more.
- Share waiting area - Share your waiting area link with patients, so they can join a call and arrive in your clinic. You can:
- Share the link by copying it and sending it to your patients.
- Launch using a button. This means patients simply click a button on your webpage and a new page starting a video call automatically opens up in a new window. They will wait there until a practitioner or admin staff member enters the room.
- Embed into a web page. This will directly open the video consultation without leaving your web page.
- Waiting area hours - Configure the Hours for each day's availability, including breaks. More in-depth instructions can be found here.
- Patient entry fields - Add or edit the type of information you want your patients to provide prior to being seen, for example phone number or Medicare number. You can make these entry fields 'required' if the information is needed before continuing with the call.
- Automated Messages - Create and edit automated messages that are sent to patients in the waiting area, such as updates on waiting times or clinic announcements. For example 'Call 911 if you have a medical emergency'. You can also choose the timing in which these are sent.
- Call Locks - Add an additional call security option to calls in your Waiting Area. Click here to lean more.
- Short URL - Create a short URL to make your waiting room easier to share.
More Support Options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know about the various configuration options in your Clinic.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.