This article describes the difference between the virtual Waiting Area and Waiting Room.
Last Updated: July 2022
- The Waiting Area feature is available to customers who are on these plans only:
- Standard (also the Trial plan)
On this page:
- The Waiting Area explained
- The Waiting Room explained
- Plan features comparison
- What if I am on a Trial?
- More support options
The Waiting Area explained:
- The Waiting Area offers an easy way for your organisation to manage incoming clients or patients, similar to a brick-and-mortar reception area.
- This feature is generally used among medium-to-large scale organisations that cater to a high flow rate of clients or patients.
- The Waiting Area can be used by a reception staff member to conduct greetings and an identification check or, as a triage space.
- Once your client or patient has been greeted, they can then be left in the Waiting Area (as they would in a brick and mortar practice) until the clinician is ready to see them.
- The Waiting Area could also be used after a consultation for a receptionist or admin person to take a payment off the client or patient.
The screen capture below shows the Waiting Area with two patients waiting to be seen:
The Waiting Room explained
The Waiting Room is a simple stop-off for your client or patient as they are waiting to join you in a call. Once they have clicked the link to join you in a call and accepted the consent form, they wait in a virtual lounge (your Waiting Room) listening to our great range of on-hold music until you are ready to admit them into the consultation.
Your client or patient can be placed in a Waiting Room whether they are joining you in a call in any of our workflow options:
Plan features comparison
On our Plans and Pricing page, the Waiting Area feature is referred to as the Central Waiting Area. Waiting Room music is offered across all plans.
What if I am on a Trial Plan?
During your trial period, you will have access to all the bundled features and capabilities of the Standard plan.
If you choose the Standard or Premium plan you will continue to have access to the Waiting Area feature. Should you choose the Essentials plan at the end of your trial period, not all features will be available to you, including the Waiting Area.
Click here to learn how to select a plan.
More support options
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know the difference between the Waiting Area and the Waiting Room.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.