This article describes how you can take a payment from a client when using Scheduled Sessions.
Last Updated: Jan 2021
The Scheduled Sessions add-on provides an alternative way for you and your client to securely access a call. Additionally, you can attach a pre-payment request to a Scheduled Session which requires the client to pay prior to the call.
The Scheduled Sessions feature allows you to assign a unique link to a consultation which only works for the duration of that consultation. This will differ from your Waiting Area link which always remains the same or similarly, if you use your User Room link which always remains the same.
Three easy steps to configure Scheduled Sessions and taking payments:
- Add Scheduled Sessions to your Coviu account from our Add-on MarketPlace
- Sign up for a Stripe account to take payments
- Configure your Stripe account to work with your Coviu account
How it works:
- When scheduling a session, you simply attach a fee to a participant.
- When your client/patient clicks their unique URL to access their consult, they are prompted to provide payment details (processed securely with Stripe using your connected Stripe account)
- Once the payment has been received, the client/patient is then allowed to join the call as normal.
- Payment can be made at any time prior to the call.
Payments processed using this feature are subject to applicable Stripe fees and a Coviu processing fee of 2.5% for the Starter Plan and 1.5% for Professional and Clinic Plans.
This feature can also be used with the Appointment Bookings add-on (when using a booking system that supports attaching of session fees, such as Acuity)
Note: Payments less than $1.00 may be met with an error stating: 'There was an error in this transaction, please ask [payee name] to try again]