This article describes how to set up alerts for clients or patients entering the Waiting Area.
Last Updated: Sept 2021
- This feature applies to the Waiting Area which is available in our Clinic plan.
- Alerts are not yet available for callers entering a User Room, Meeting Room or Scheduled Session.
There are 3 options you can use to ensure you are alerted when a patient arrives, or has been waiting for a while, in your clinic's waiting area;
- SMS alerts - Receive a text message alert on your mobile phone once the caller has waited a set amount of time. For example, you can send the alert straight after they enter, or 10 minutes after they enter. The text will include a link for the practitioner or admin staff to click on, bringing them to the waiting area.
- Email alerts - The process is the same as above, except the alert is sent to the selected email address as soon as the patient enters the waiting area.
- Desktop alerts - You will receive an alert on your desktop once the patient has entered the waiting area. You will also hear a sound alert in case you are not looking at the screen.
Note that these alerts are set for your account only and do not apply to other users of that clinic.
Follow these steps to set up your Waiting Area alerts:
- Sign in to your Coviu account as you normally would.
- Click the drop down arrow next to Alerts on the right hand side of the screen.
- You will see the three options:
- SMS alerts
- Email alerts and;
- Desktop alerts.
- You will also be able to see which ones are currently enabled or disabled.
- Click the drop down arrow next to the Alert type you would like to set up.
- Enter the required details for that Alert type.
- Click the On/Off toggle.
- Click the Save button.
- You can choose multiple Alert options.
You have completed another Coviu help article and now know how to set your Waiting Area Alerts.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here.