This article describes the Blurred Backgrounds add-on, how to install and also use it.
Last Updated: Sept 2021
- At this stage this feature is not available on mobile devices such as Androids, iPhones or tablets.
On this page:
- What is the Blurred Backgrounds - Add-on?
- How do I install it?
- How do I use it?
- Other support options
What is a Blurred Background?
The Blurred Background feature allows you to apply a background blur effect to your camera feed that can assist to obscure your physical location from view, to provide greater visual privacy within your call.
Effectively, to your client or patient, everything but your face will be blurred within the camera view as shown in the screen capture below:
How do I install the Blurred Backgrounds - add-on?
- For customers on a Starter, Professional or Clinic Plan, you can install the Blurred Backgrounds feature from our add-ons Marketplace. Simply click the Blurred Backgrounds tile and follow the installation prompts from there.
- For our Enterprise customers looking to implement this feature, we request that you consult your Telehealth Coordinator in the first instance.
How do I use the Blurred Backgrounds - feature?
Once installed, you can turn on the Blurred Backgrounds at any time. I recommend doing it when you're not in a call so you can take your time. To turn on the feature, follow these instructions:
- Enter your Coviu system as you normally would.
- Enter your User Room by clicking on your name in the left-hand menu.
- If you don't have a User Room, then you may need to do it the next time you are in a Waiting Area call. You could also do a test call with a colleague to set it up prior to meeting with a client.
- Click the Settings button toward the top left corner of your call screen.
- Scroll down to Select Background.
- From the background options, choose:
- None (no blur)
- Light Blur
- Medium Blur or;
- Heavy Blur
- Once you have made your choice, click the Settings button again to exit the menu.
You should now have Blurred Backgrounds configured for your account. The setting should remain the same moving forward and should carry across to any consultations you join in the Waiting Area.
You have completed another Coviu help article. You now know how to install and use the Blurred Background feature.
If this is not what you were looking for, explore our knowledge base and search for another article from here.
If you still require any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Success team using any of the contact methods available here